Wake Up Beautiful
Updated: Jul 21, 2020
We all have those morning habits that we may not be proud of (hitting snooze on that alarm for the 5th time and drinking so much coffee to just get one ounce of energy), I am guilty of all of this. What I wish I knew about mornings is how important they are for looking good and staying sharp. Your morning routine sets you up for the day ahead.
1. First, when you are just waking up, envision the day ahead, think about all the possibilities in front of you and imagine them playing out before your eyes. Set one good intention for the day.
2. Slowly move your body out of bed, and perform some morning stretches to lightly wake up your body. Morning stretching is essentially to waking up beautiful. When you stretch you release any tension from the night before and set your body up for a comfortable and productive day.
3. While we sleep, our body is completely deprived of water. So, that groggy feeling you have when you wake up is mostly dehydration. Though drinking a glass of pure, room temperature water is beneficial, I like to add some antioxidants and detoxing ingredients like the juice of half a lemon or lime, a third of a cucumber, and a sprig of fresh basil or mint to boost the health benefits. What you drink in the morning is incredibly important, as it is the first thing that will start your digestive system.
4. While you get ready in the morning, try to find one step of your routine that you really love. It could be taking a warm shower, applying some body lotion, or washing your face. Use that activity to relax and look forward to doing that every morning to encourage you to wake up.
5. It's no myth that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, what you eat each morning will directly affect how you will feel the entire day. A good breakfast should be a combination of healthy carbs (to give you energy), protein (to keep you full), and antioxidants (to keep you healthy and glowing). I will list my favorite, easy breakfast ideas that you may want to try out.
-Greek yogurt and raspberries
-Half cup oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter and two tablespoons of jam
-Scrambled eggs with roasted sweet potato hash and avocado.
-Greens and apple smoothie.
-Simple frozen banana and greek yogurt smoothie
-Daily Harvest's Mint and Cacao smoothie (the best thing you will ever drink)
-Turkey bacon with your choice of eggs
-1/2 cup cottage cheese and pepper